We recently had some veggies and things waiting to be used up in our fridge, and I decided to use it with what was left of a jar of red curry paste. Good decision.
This curry is easy to make, low maintenance to clean (ONE POT), and can be modified to include whatever needs to be used up in your pantry. Yay! This recipe is so lazy, I feel a little guilty sharing it with you. But it’s delicious, so here goes.
One Pot Weeknight Curry
- 5-8 large shallots, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 14 oz turkey sausage, cut into bit sized pieces (or not, if you want a meatless meal)
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 2-3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 cup brown rice (or white rice, or quinoa)
- 2 tbsp butter (olive oil)
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk (or half n’ half, or plain greek yogurt)
- In a large pan, melt the butter. Add all the veggies and saute until softened.
- Add the curry paste and stir until it’s combined with the veggies. Add the broth and stir. Then add the rice and stir some more.
- Bring everything to a boil, the turn the heat to medium/low and simmer until the rice is fully cooked, about 30 minutes. Stir somewhat frequently.
- Add the beans and the turkey sausage, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Spoon a large helping into a bowl and dig in. Yum! Pairs well with your favorite wine, probably.
There you have it. If you try this, let me know what you think. Enjoy! I love dinner time.